The Aqualizer®’s revolutionary water system makes it different from any other product on the market designed to treat malocclusion. While most dental splints simply disable the bite long term and guess at optimal occlusion, the Aqualizer® takes the guesswork out of treatment by allowing the body to naturally find TMJ pain relief and functional balance.
Our bodies seek functional balance – with Aqualizer® dental splints, it is found instantly
The Aqualizer® is the most accurate and effective differential diagnostic tool available. The Aqualizer® allows the body to find instant functional balance by unraveling the malocclusion it is locked in, making The Aqualizer® an invaluable tool to anyone who is suffering from the effects of TMD. The Aqualizer® obtains a perfect bite on the first try – dental splints made from this bite are immensely effective, predictable, and require remarkably few adjustments, saving valuable chair time. Dental professionals may use the Aqualizer®‘s water system in conjunction with articulation paper or the Tekscan T-Scan® to diagnose bruxism-related facial pain, while other medical professionals use it to treat migraine headaches and chronic neck and shoulder pain.
Why the Aqualizer®?
The Aqualizer®’s unique water system:
- Immediately optimizes biomechanics
- Supports the jaw in a comfortable position
- Removes the teeth from dominance, placing bite and body in harmony
- Straightens the bite to maximize other structures – Aqualizer® is the bridge
- Normalizes the bite and provides TMJ pain relief at will – without drugs
- Removes the imbalance trigger for patients who have existing malocclusion
- Enables systemic function and balance
- Allows the body to naturally balance itself
- Finds perfect occlusal balance, starting treatment immediately
Greater effectiveness for:
- Treating TMJ/PDS symptoms, including headache, neck and shoulder pain and stiffness, and TMD related pain from trauma and whiplash. You can easily provide fast TMJ symptom relief at the first office visit.
- Orthodontics and cosmetics: The Aqualizer® offers better functional treatment planning with a preview of harmony between teeth, mandibular position, TMJs, and the entire muscle complex. Relieves orthodontic-triggered muscle pain during treatment without inhibiting tooth movement.
- Oral surgery: The Aqualizer® provides pre-surgical differential diagnoses and post-surgical pain and inflammation relief.
- Improves restricted opening problems when taking impressions: Wearing the Aqualizer® prior to bite registration establishes a physiologic centric relation.
- Quick, accurate differential diagnosis: Use an Aqualizer® as your first conservative, reversible, inexpensive test to definitively diagnose the problem.
- TMJ pain relief with the Aqualizer® confirms that the pain is triggered or exacerbated by the occlusion, rather than organic or intracapsular (joint) pain.
- Occlusal treatment planning: When malocclusion of any kind is indicated, have the patient wear an Aqualizer® during the pre-treatment planning stage as a uniquely effective deprogrammer. This will allow the patient’s own muscles to establish the mandibular position that produces maximum comfort and functionality. Incorporate this muscle compatible position into the treatment plan to get the most successful results.
- Build your splints to a muscle-guided occlusion: Step-by-step, the Aqualizer®precisely guides your adjustment of any occlusal surface, including rigid splints. Using an Aqualizer® bite registration and/or deprogramming and tapping, the Aqualizer® system pinpoints all interfering or displacing contacts so you can make that occlusal position permanent. The Aqualizer® system may be easily used in conjunction with articulation paper, the Tekscan T-Scan®, and other existing occlusal analysis aids. Save adjustment time, eliminate trial and error, and increase patient comfort.
More than one million patients have experienced the rapid pain relief that the Aqualizer® provides. Health professionals from dentists to chiropractors safely recommend Aqualizer® dental splints to anyone suffering from head, neck, or shoulder pain. The Aqualizer® will effectively relieve pain that is a result of malocclusion. Contact us for more information on the Aqualizer®.
Aqualizer® Mini: The Aqualizer® Mini is a smaller Ultra design with smaller pads and arch length . Used for teens and small mouths.
Low volume .75 mm thick, Medium volume 1.5 mm thick, High volume 2 mm thick
The Mini model is a smaller version of the Ultra model with a shorter arch length and water pads that are half the width and height of the Ultra. It is suitable for teens and adults with smaller mouths and teeth, or anyone sensitive to lingual contact (gagging). Medium Volume Minis are used by most patients and are also perfect for getting a muscle-directed bite registration for splints.