MLS® Laser Therapy Laser
The TMJ and Sleep Therapy centre of London promotes the technology available for the relief of pain and quicker healing.
Laser therapy aims to photo-bio-stimulate chemically damaged cells via specific wavelengths of light. When cells are chemically damaged they stimulate the pain cycle. Laser excites the kinetic energy within cells by transmitting healing stimuli known as photons. The skin absorbs these photons via a photo-chemical effect, and photo-thermal—which causes heat damage to the tissues.
Once photons reach the cells of the body, they promote a torrent of cellular activities. Laser therapy light floods the tissues with photons, energizing the damaged cells and increasing circulation to the painful area.
This increases the body’s production of ATP (Adenosine-triphosphate), speeding up the healing process to reduce inflammation and repair damaged tissue.
Laser light can also elevate collagen formation substances to prevent the formation of scar tissues – a critical step in reducing long term disabling chronic myofacial pain syndromes. Patients get out of pain faster and heal at the same time.
Numerous studies show that the MLS® Laser Therapy can dramatically assist with the following and more:
- Muscle Strains
- Repetitive Stress injuries
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Myofacial Trigger Points
- Tennis Elbow
- Ligament Sprains
- Shoulder, Back & Knee Pain
- Post-Traumatic Injury
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Deep Edema / Congestion
- Sports Injuries
- Auto & Work Related Injuries
3D Imaging System and Intelligent software
TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of London has coupled with the UME diagnostic imaging group to provide the most state of the art diagnostic imaging. Together with our smart software it has revolutionized the treatment of TMJ and sleep medicine by enabling more accurate and timely results. 3D images of the head and neck allow us to closely analyze each patients’ structural anatomy, which is something that traditional 2D radiography just cannot do.
3-D imaging provides stunning visuals of the bones and soft tissue structures involved with the TMJ that are critical in helping the doctor analyze bone morphology, joint space and function. It also looks at the nose and sinus passages, dimensions of the lower (pharyngeal) airway. There is often congestion or inflammation in these areas, which causes restrictions and is co-incident with TMJ disorders and breathing problems.
- Color-coded amounts and areas highlight airway volume for quick reference.
- Clearly defined true anatomy and treatment simulations that you can see for yourself – in the office
- We are able to share important information about you with your other treating doctors with diagnostic information they need to consult, treat and even evaluate for surgery in some cases.
- We are able to reach better diagnoses and treatment plan
- We can efficiently execute orthodontic treatment planning in 3D in contrast to the limitations of conventional 2D x-rays used by the majority of clinicians